Call Toll Free: 1-866-245-4481

Free Trial Login

The Other 80/20 Rule All Solopreneurs Should Know


The Other 80/20 Rule All Solopreneurs Should Know
by Nick D'Alessandro, posted 3/31/2017

If you’re a solopreneur, you probably already know how challenging it can become to effectively handle all of your daily tasks at times.

We’re required to wear many hats and quite often, we tend to gravitate to the activities with which we are most comfortable or at which we excel.

In order to put yourself in the best position to experience consistent sales growth, you should apply the 80/20 rule!

What’s the 80/20 rule?

You should spend approximately 80% of your time on activities that either generate income or have the potential to generate income. The other 20% can be devoted to your admin duties.

Here are some examples of income generating activities:

  • Performing your service or producing your product.
  • Developing or adding other products and services to your offering.
  • Handling sales related calls and inquiries.
  • Following up on and nurturing leads that have already expressed interest in your product or service.
  • Following up with existing customers to see how you can be of service to them.
  • Any marketing activities that have the potential to attract more of your target market.
  • Any marketing activities that have the potential to convert more of your leads or visitors into customers.
  • Creating strategic partnerships.

If you are currently not practicing this 80/20 rule for your business, then start incorporating more of these income generating activities into your daily routine.

At times when you don’t have many leads or customers to nurture, work on creating a focused marketing plan to attract and convert more leads into customers at Trilojeemarketing.com.

The only time you should be spending less time on marketing activities is when you are spending more time producing your product or performing your service.

Because administrative duties, while necessary, aren’t going to help you grow your sales, consider handling your bookkeeping and other administrative tasks outside of normal working hours or hire a freelancer to help you get them accomplished.

There you have it!

Apply this 80/20 rule by focusing more on activities that have the potential to generate income, and reduce your involvement on the time killing activities that aren’t very promising or have no ability to grow your business.

Wishing you much success!


Nick D'Alessandro profile photo
About the Author

Nick D’Alessandro is a small business strategist and founder at Trilojeemarketing.com. He is excited to share his 30 years of business experience by helping small business owners grow their business and fulfill their career purpose.



Comments :

No comments found!